The Ranch Basement

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ranch Basement

Dedicated to the memory of Rainmom, who stences in our hearts.

+3
fantod
donslaw
web_geek
7 posters

Herman Cain

web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Herman Cain Empty Herman Cain

Post  web_geek Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:18 pm

He wants to take capital gains tax to zero.

And, drumroll please .....

Vanilla Ice ‘impressed’ by Herman Cain

[...]

He tweeted: “I was impressed with Cain in the debate ? But not really convinced yet by anyone ??? 15 months to go ???”

Explaining that he’s “not that big into politics,” Vanilla Ice wrote, “I just wish someone could fix this mess of economy ???”
    web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Herman Cain Empty Re: Herman Cain

Post  web_geek Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:53 pm

CAIN: I don’t have facts to back this up, but I happen to believe that these demonstrations are planned and orchestrated to distract from the failed policies of the Obama administration. Don’t blame Wall Street, don’t blame the big banks, if you don’t have a job and you’re not rich, blame yourself! [...] It is not someone’s fault if they succeeded, it is someone’s fault if they failed.

web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Post  web_geek Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:55 pm

ANALYSIS: Cain’s ’999′ Plan Would Cause Largest Deficits Since WWII, While Increasing Taxes For Most Americans

[...]

– For the income tax portion: In 2007, total Adjusted Gross Income on all income tax returns was $8.7 trillion. Since Cain’s plan would exempt investment income, but would have no other deductions, that brings taxable income down to $7.4 trillion. A flat 9 percent tax would therefore have yielded about $665 billion in income tax revenue.

– For the corporate tax portion: In 2007, there was a total of $1.3 trillion in reported corporate income subject to tax. A flat 9 percent would have yielded $112 billion in revenue.

– For the sales tax portion: I used generally accepted estimates of the revenue generated from a value-added-tax (see here and here, for example). Those estimates suggest that a broad-based 5 percent tax on goods and services would generate about 2 percent of GDP in revenue. That implies that a 9 percent tax in 2007 would have generated about $500 billion.

– Together, then, the 9-9-9 plan would have generated a bit less than $1.3 trillion in total federal tax revenue. That may sound like a lot, but it’s only 9.2 percent of GDP. In 2007, we actually collected 18.5 percent of GDP in tax revenue. In other words, the 9-9-9 plan would cut federal revenue in half!

[...]
    donslaw
    donslaw

Post  donslaw Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:15 pm

Whadya expect? He's "Big Business" & "Corporate Power" to the nth degree! Eff the little guy! Evil or Very Mad
    fantod
    fantod

Post  fantod Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:18 pm

I'd be amazed that this guy could be CEO of a lemonade stand, much less a pizza company.
    web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Post  web_geek Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:22 pm

I just can't understand why people support these douchebags.

Is it Fox? Is it the result of slowly killing public education? Is it corporate propaganda?

All this pains me so.
    web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Post  web_geek Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:22 pm

fantod wrote:I'd be amazed that this guy could be CEO of a lemonade stand, much less a pizza company.

I know!!!
    ottozdad
    ottozdad

Post  ottozdad Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:20 am

Herman Cain Dontwanna
    web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Post  web_geek Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Pizza Magnate Herman Cain Has Extensive Ties To Powerful Koch Group

IOWA CITY, Iowa — Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain has cast himself as the outsider, the pizza magnate with real-world experience who will bring fresh ideas to the nation's capital. But Cain's economic ideas, support and organization have close ties to two billionaire brothers who bankroll right-leaning causes through their group Americans for Prosperity.

[...]

And if you saw MTP this morning, Cain proved what a simpleton he is.
    donslaw
    donslaw

Post  donslaw Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:58 pm

Cain proved what a simpleton he is.

Which is why he's the "darling" of Faux News!
    web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Post  web_geek Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Herman Cain Sings an Ode to Pizza

Imagine a John Lennon song with pizza-oriented lyrics subbed in. Now, imagine the man singing is the GOP frontrunner. It’s the video Herman Cain doesn’t want you to see ... and for good reasons. It's a Herman Cain Pizza Jam!
    ottozdad
    ottozdad

Post  ottozdad Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:08 pm

web_geek wrote:Herman Cain Sings an Ode to Pizza

Imagine a John Lennon song with pizza-oriented lyrics subbed in. Now, imagine the man singing is the GOP frontrunner. It’s the video Herman Cain doesn’t want you to see ... and for good reasons. It's a Herman Cain Pizza Jam!

I haven't seen it yet, but all of the sudden I am hungry for pizza.
    lostsoul

Post  lostsoul Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:26 pm

I can honestly say I think this is probably what I like most about Herman Cain. I disagree with his politics and world view, of course. I don't like his arrogant ignorance. (Or is that ignorant arrogance?) I'm no fan of his singing or the lyrics here, but really I DO like that he's willing to be silly and campy.
    ottozdad
    ottozdad

Post  ottozdad Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:29 pm

lostsoul wrote:

I can honestly say I think this is probably what I like most about Herman Cain. I disagree with his politics and world view, of course. I don't like his arrogant ignorance. (Or is that ignorant arrogance?) I'm no fan of his singing or the lyrics here, but really I DO like that he's willing to be silly and campy.

Agreed. I always enjoyed Bob Dole's sense of humor but disliked his politics. He was one of the few republicans that I could listen to without my blood pressure going sky high. He was civil, if nothing else.
    Hy Kriemz
    Hy Kriemz

Post  Hy Kriemz Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:08 pm

web_geek wrote:He wants to take capital gains tax to zero.

[...]

He tweeted: “I was impressed with Cain in the debate ? But not really convinced yet by anyone ??? 15 months to go ???”

Explaining that he’s “not that big into politics,” Vanilla Ice wrote, “I just wish someone could fix this mess of economy ???”

I Remember when Vanilla Ice said the same thing about Milli Vanilli.

Also did ya ever notice that if you turn 999 upside down you get the sign of the dark one? I think someone should point that out to evangelical, snake charming, chinless people who should not be allowed an opinion. A vote? Maybe. An opinion? Not while I talk faster and louder than them.
    ottozdad
    ottozdad

Post  ottozdad Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Hy Kriemz wrote:
    web_geek wrote:He wants to take capital gains tax to zero.

[...]

I Remember when Vanilla Ice said the same thing about Milli Vanilli.

Also did ya ever notice that if you turn 999 upside down you get the sign of the dark one? I think someone should point that out to evangelical, snake charming, chinless people who should not be allowed an opinion. A vote? Maybe. An opinion? Not while I talk faster and louder than them.

Michele Bachman pointed out the 666 in the debate. She would know - she is a witch. Or is that bitch? Either way...
    fantod
    fantod

Post  fantod Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:06 pm

Herman Cain VGND0
    web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Post  web_geek Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:39 pm

yep
    donslaw
    donslaw

Post  donslaw Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Cain must have eaten too much pizza! His brain is dough! Basketball
    eyedoc333
    eyedoc333
    Admin

Post  eyedoc333 Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:23 pm

donslaw wrote:Cain must have eaten too much pizza! His brain is dough! Basketball

And he wants the rich to get larger slices of the pie, all for $9.99.
    donslaw
    donslaw

Post  donslaw Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:20 pm

eyedoc333 wrote:
    donslaw wrote:Cain must have eaten too much pizza! His brain is dough! Basketball

And he wants the rich to get larger slices of the pie, all for $9.99.

And as someone famous, did not say, "let them eat cake!"
    web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Post  web_geek Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dan Savage Challenges Herman Cain To Prove Being Gay Is 'A Choice'... By Performing Oral Sex On Him

[...]

In response to Cain's comments, Savage offered him the chance to prove that homosexuality is in fact a choice, writing on The Stranger's Slog blog:

Dear Herman,

If being gay is a choice, show us the proof. Choose it. Choose to be gay yourself. Show America how that's done, Herman, show us how a man can choose to be gay. Suck my dick, Herman. Name the time and the place and I'll bring my dick and a camera crew and you can suck me off and win the argument.
    Very sincerely yours,

Dan Savage

Savage also noted that Cain is insulting straight people as well gay people when he claims that one's sexuality is something that is chosen. "Straight people should get angry when they hear a straight person making this argument," he wrote.

One more reason to love Mr. Savage.
    ottozdad
    ottozdad

Post  ottozdad Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:16 pm

web_geek wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dan Savage Challenges Herman Cain To Prove Being Gay Is 'A Choice'... By Performing Oral Sex On Him

[...]

In response to Cain's comments, Savage offered him the chance to prove that homosexuality is in fact a choice, writing on The Stranger's Slog blog:

Dear Herman,

If being gay is a choice, show us the proof. Choose it. Choose to be gay yourself. Show America how that's done, Herman, show us how a man can choose to be gay. Suck my dick, Herman. Name the time and the place and I'll bring my dick and a camera crew and you can suck me off and win the argument.
    Very sincerely yours,

Dan Savage

Savage also noted that Cain is insulting straight people as well gay people when he claims that one's sexuality is something that is chosen. "Straight people should get angry when they hear a straight person making this argument," he wrote.

One more reason to love Mr. Savage.

When you say that it makes me giggle.
    donslaw
    donslaw

Post  donslaw Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:25 am

So Herman, whatcha gonna do about them Log Cabin Republicans, huh? LINK.

Oh, and BTW, in case you've forgotten, the LCR's were one of the prime movers in getting Congress to repeal DADT, but then again, you probably don't want people knowing that kind of info, do you!
    web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Post  web_geek Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:31 am