The Ranch Basement

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ranch Basement

Dedicated to the memory of Rainmom, who stences in our hearts.

5 posters

Michele Bachman

donslaw
    donslaw

Michele Bachman Empty Michele Bachman

Post  donslaw Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:11 pm

This isn't the only instance of Bachmann exaggerating her résumé. She continues to call herself a "tax attorney" or "tax litigation attorney" even though, according to the state of Minnesota, she is not currently authorized to practice law in the state. In an effort to prove her bipartisan appeal, she has stated that Minnesota Democrats squeezed her out of her old Senate district and put her in a new, liberal-leaning one—but the districts were drawn up by the courts, and her new district actually leaned red.

Read the rest HERE.

Admin - Don't know how or why this showed up twice - remove one. I tried but couldn't. Sorry.
    web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Michele Bachman Empty Re: Michele Bachman

Post  web_geek Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:50 pm

donslaw wrote:
    This isn't the only instance of Bachmann exaggerating her résumé. She continues to call herself a "tax attorney" or "tax litigation attorney" even though, according to the state of Minnesota, she is not currently authorized to practice law in the state. In an effort to prove her bipartisan appeal, she has stated that Minnesota Democrats squeezed her out of her old Senate district and put her in a new, liberal-leaning one—but the districts were drawn up by the courts, and her new district actually leaned red.

Read the rest HERE.

Admin - Don't know how or why this showed up twice - remove one. I tried but couldn't. Sorry.

Done.
    web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Post  web_geek Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:54 pm

She worked for the IRS. I think she got some kind of degree from Regent.

Do you need a law degree to work for the IRS?

Another Republican that hates government that has been living off it their entire life.

These people make me sick.

I'll save my distaste for Perry on his thread.
    donslaw
    donslaw

Post  donslaw Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:02 pm

web_geek wrote:
    donslaw wrote:

Read the rest HERE.

Done.

Thanks!

Lawyer Details
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lawyer ID 0179863
    Date Admitted 12/19/86
    Last Payment 07/11/11
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Authorized to Practice Law? NOT AUTHORIZED: RESIDENT - NOT PRACTICING IN MN
    CLE Status VOLUNTARILY RESTRICTED (BY CHOICE)
    Last Name BACHMANN
    First Name MICHELE
    Middle Name MARIE
    Address 6043 HUDSON RD
    WOODBURY, MN 55125
    Foreign Address? No
    Professional Liability Insurance Lawyer does NOT represent private clients
    Current Disciplinary Status None
    Disciplinary Date

She got a law degree from then Oral Roberts [fitting], now Regent, and got an advanced Masters of Law in Tax Law. To work at the IRS as an attorney, you must be licensed in some state. She's lived off the government or corporate clients all along.....
    web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Post  web_geek Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:13 pm

This may be old news to us but we need to spread it around. I don't think bashing her for her Christian law degree will help us. But the fact that she wants to kill government while holding a job in government should be a big concern to many voters. If they'll listen. Perry has done the same thing. (With the help of very wealthy investors... check ThinkProgress today.)

Our country is stupid. And they vote in stupid people.

There's a great quote on this but I don't remember exactly what it was or who said it. But they said it with the intent that this would not help our country.

Good grief. FSM, help us!!! There's too much stupid voting and all the smart folks are apathetic.
    eyedoc333
    eyedoc333
    Admin

Post  eyedoc333 Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:16 pm

donslaw wrote:
    She got a law degree from then Oral Roberts [fitting]

Michele Bachman BJ123

Sorry, I couldn't resist! lol!
    lostsoul

Post  lostsoul Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:20 pm

eyedoc333 wrote:Sorry, I couldn't resist! lol!
    Good thing they give humor waivers!
    donslaw
    donslaw

Post  donslaw Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:35 pm

It's not so much where she got her law degree -- by and large, unless you're wanting to work at a mega-law firm, it really doesn't matter that much - passing the State Bar Exam is what's key.

But, what I find so personally and professionally obnoxious about her is this:
    Lawyer does NOT represent private clients

All the while however, sucking up to the Teabaggers who are too dumb to notice!
    donslaw
    donslaw

Post  donslaw Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:57 pm

And now, this:
    Bachmann spent six years in the Minnesota Senate and is serving her third term in the U.S. Congress. In July, then-presidential-contender Tim Pawlenty, a fellow Minnesotan, criticized Bachmann's legislative accomplishments in Congress as "nonexistent [12]."

PolitiFact checked Pawlenty's attack and found it to be mostly true [13] — Bachmann has never sponsored anything that became law [14].
    Read the rest HERE.
    web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Post  web_geek Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:36 pm

donslaw
    donslaw

Post  donslaw Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Dumb is easily personified!
    eyedoc333
    eyedoc333
    Admin

Post  eyedoc333 Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:26 pm

It sounds like Bachman would also like to turn the clock back to the times of the Asian Exclusion Act of 1924---

donslaw
    donslaw

Post  donslaw Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:09 pm

The bigot in her just doesn't like all of the Somali refugees living in her District.
    fantod
    fantod

Post  fantod Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:35 pm

“If you become president -- and you seem pretty strident in your views," Leno said.

“Convicted. I’m convicted,” Bachmann interjected.

“Convicted?” Leno replied. “No, you don’t get convicted until after you’re in office. That’s later. You have to get elected first."

Good grief that was the most nauseating 8 minutes I've spent this week. What a vile, vile person.
    donslaw
    donslaw

Post  donslaw Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Agreed! I guess like the good "Christian" upbring and teachers she had at "Oral" Roberts University made her less tolerant of those "different" than she. Asshat!
    web_geek
    web_geek
    Admin

Post  web_geek Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:05 pm

fantod wrote:
    “If you become president -- and you seem pretty strident in your views," Leno said.

“Convicted. I’m convicted,” Bachmann interjected.

“Convicted?” Leno replied. “No, you don’t get convicted until after you’re in office. That’s later. You have to get elected first."

Good grief that was the most nauseating 8 minutes I've spent this week. What a vile, vile person.

I hear ya. I was just falling asleep when I heard her voice coming out of the teevee.

She got me so aggravated I was awake for hours.
    donslaw
    donslaw

Post  donslaw Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Check This OUT! cheers

A little Flash Mob action for Michelle.....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:29 am